When you’ve had a long day and simply want to fall into bed, it can be hard to muster up the energy for a full-on skin routine. But you’ll thank yourself for it in the long run if you do! Besides, once you’ve mastered a full routine, you’ll get quicker and more efficient at doing it. The cleansing phase is a vital first step in your routine. If you do it correctly, with a cleanser designed especially for your skin type, it will enable moisturiser to penetrate your skin properly, and also pave the way for a successful exfoliation (not to mention your essential twice-weekly mini facial). You’ll know when you’ve had a really good cleanse, because your skin will feel fresh, vital and grime-free without feeling tight. It’s a feeling that it’s easy to love – and one that will help give you an incentive to persist with your routine. Good luck!
“Cleansing is the most important step in skin care. If you get that right, then beautiful skin is bound to follow” Skin care specialist Eve Lom
When you start your cleansing routine, there are a few key things to bear in mind. Here are our top tips for an effective session:
- Make sure you have scrupulously clean hands before you start
- Ensure your hair is scraped back from your face
- Start by smoothing your product upwards from the neck to the face, finishing at the hairline
- Use the pads of your fingertips in a massaging motion to boost blood flow to your face
- Start using a pre-cleanser to help melt away your make-up and grime first, before following up with your prescribed cleanser
- Only use your facial washcloths for 24 hours – wash them regularly
- Stop using ordinary soap as a quick fix! Soaps are way too harsh for facial skins. They upset your natural acid balance and can leave your skin vulnerable – that horrible tight feeling you get afterwards is a warning sign. If you like foam, no problem. Simply switch to a gentle foaming cleanser. We can recommend the best one for your skin type.